Thursday, June 18, 2009

{12-52} - Waiting for my Apocalypse to come...

{12-52} - Waiting for my Apocalypse to come...

Will it rain down fire? Will the slumbering zombies arise from the earth and eat our brains? Will the forecoming of Apocalypse be announced with the sound of trumpets sound or the thrashing of distorted metal guitars grinding out a screech?
I'll be waiting with open arms, but in the meantime, i've got so many weeks to catch up on in my 52 Weeks Project..
________________________________________________

I piggy backed this shot off an art installation in the church(www.markswysen.com). Upon walking past this church in Bruges, we initially saw smoke billowing out of the doorway. Armed with half litre water bottles, we were ready to put out the fire! Much to our disappointment, turned out it was merely a smoke machine...
This installation as noted in the flyer, "invites you to search the very heart and direction of your existence. The walk across the misty water lifts you out of every day reality to another level of experience".

My Rant: It's confronting when you are posed a question/statement concerning your own personal goals and aspirations. Often, I get caught up in routines and habits without necessarily providing much thought as to why I do what I do.
I'm not a fanatical self-reflective person who is seeking Zen but on occasions where i have taken time out to review the things i have done and do, it's really quite mind-boggling. I've yet to do achieve something as grand as develop a cure for cancer or create a wicked hoverboard but by through sifting through the haze of obscurity, anaylysing and reviewing my actions, strategising and implementing my goals, i do hope to find clarity in realising my dream that is of benefit to the wider community.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP